Many people engage in cardiovascular exercise such as running, walking, and jumping with and without fitness equipment, believing these exercises are sufficient for overall health. However, people need resistance exercise to build the bones and muscles to support their daily activities, including training.
In a nutshell, these are hexagonal weighted dumbbells. There is not much difference between hex and round dumbbells regarding weight, simply because both are designed to provide resistance during exercise. Change the weight plates for a lighter or heavier load, as long as you use adjustable dumbbells.
The great difference lies in the shape of the weight plate itself. Because it is hexagonal, the chance of accidents caused by plate rolling is reduced. Your transport route, so to speak, will be freer than usual with round-headed dumbbells. Plus, you’ll find hex-headed dumbbells are easier to stack with each other.
Other advantages of this type of dumbbell are the notches on the handle, which provide a more secure grip and beveled edges to prevent snagging. Look for large-numbered dumbbells for a specific weight, especially when the paint can wear off over time.
The extra money spent as you buy hex dumbbells will pay off when even your children and grandchildren can use them. Indeed, these dumbbells are hexagonal beauties. You need to know how to choose and use them correctly to ensure good performance for a lifetime.
When choosing hex dumbbells, keep these six tips in mind:
- Choose according to your budget. You may have to settle for something more affordable, but you don’t have to sacrifice too much for quality. Like other purchases, cufflinks require shopping knowledge.
- Buy dumbbells of different weights. You can start with a few plates, but as your strength grows, so does the need for heavier loads.
- Check the clutch. You need to ensure the handle fits comfortably in your hands, where ribbed patterns are important.
- Try the adjustment mechanism. It is only true for adjustable hex dumbbells, as fixed dumbbells have weight plates permanently attached. Just make sure the adjustment mechanism is easy to operate as you need quick changes during exercise to maintain momentum.
- If possible, choose rubber or neoprene-coated dumbbells, especially when using them on marble, tile, and wood floors.
- Ask for help. A personal trainer is often needed during the first few dumbbell sessions. Incorrect form and technique can lead to injuries that could be prevented with a few simple changes recommended by professionals.
Hex dumbbells should be part of an athlete’s sports equipment. The arms and shoulders muscles will benefit from the movements, and the body will also receive a workout.
A few words about exercises that can be done with dumbbells. Everything. You can work every muscle in your body with dumbbells; you can get huge, you can cycle and interval, you can do aerobics.